The best credit card processing company for your business can depend on several factors, including your business size, industry, and specific needs. Here are some reputable credit card processing companies known for their services as of my last knowledge update in September 2021:
- Square: Square is well-regarded for its simplicity and ease of use. It offers various payment processing solutions, including point-of-sale (POS) systems, mobile card readers, and online payments.
- Stripe: Stripe is a popular choice for e-commerce businesses. It provides a developer-friendly platform with robust APIs and tools for online payments and subscription billing.
- PayPal: PayPal is known for its versatility. It offers solutions for online and in-person payments, making it suitable for both e-commerce and brick-and-mortar businesses.
- Adyen: Adyen is a global payment platform that specializes in serving large and multinational businesses. It supports various payment methods, including credit cards, e-wallets, and more.
- Authorize.Net: Authorize.Net is a longstanding payment gateway that offers online payment processing solutions. It’s known for its reliability and security features.
- Braintree: Braintree, owned by PayPal, provides a robust payment gateway with a developer-friendly API. It’s particularly popular among startups and tech companies.
- Worldpay (FIS): Worldpay is a global payment processor with a wide range of solutions for various industries. It offers in-store, online, and mobile payment processing.
- Elavon: Elavon provides comprehensive payment processing solutions, including credit card processing, POS systems, and e-commerce services. It’s known for its customer support.
- First Data (Fiserv): First Data, now part of Fiserv, offers a range of payment processing services, including point-of-sale solutions, e-commerce processing, and gift card programs.
- Chase Paymentech: Chase Paymentech is the payment processing arm of JPMorgan Chase. It offers a variety of payment solutions, including online, in-store, and mobile processing.
- Helcim: Helcim is known for its transparent pricing and excellent customer service. It caters to small and medium-sized businesses, offering both in-person and online payment processing.
- Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers): Skrill is a digital wallet and online payment platform known for its international capabilities, making it suitable for businesses with a global customer base.
- Squareup (formerly Weebly): Squareup is the e-commerce arm of Square, providing an all-in-one solution for building an online store, processing payments, and managing inventory.
- 2Checkout (now Verifone): 2Checkout, recently acquired by Verifone, offers global e-commerce payment processing with support for various payment methods and currencies.
- BlueSnap: BlueSnap specializes in global payment processing and offers features such as subscription billing, mobile payments, and fraud prevention.
When selecting a credit card processing company, consider factors such as transaction fees, monthly costs, contract terms, customer support, security features, and integration options. It’s essential to choose a provider that aligns with your business’s specific needs and goals. Additionally, check for any updates or changes in the services and reputation of these companies since my last knowledge update in September 2021.